China 2020 excavator sales surge 39% ,a historical high
1. China’s sales of excavators and other heavy machinery for both domestic and export customers soared by 39% on year to reach 327,605 units for 2020, refreshing the sales record, according to the latest data released by the China Construction Machinery Association (CCMA). The surge in full-year sales was faster than the 16% on-year rise seen in 2019.Among the total sales for 2020, some 10.6% or 34,741 units were for export, up by 30.5% on year.
2. From the perspective of export data, the export value of construction machinery products increased rapidly in 2017-2018. Under the influence of the epidemic this year, the January-April period dropped 16% year-on-year. Excavator category exports grow faster than construction machinery.
3. Based on the export value from January to April 2020 year, excavators are the main export category of our country, and they are up 8.4% year-on-year. The main growth momentum came from crawler excavators, which accounted for 97% of exports, goes up 9.2% year-on-year.
4. The main export destinations of China’s crawler excavators are as follows.
5. Benefited from China’s policy support for the construction machinery industry and increased investment in downstream industries, the demand for excavators in my country has shown a spurt of growth in recent years, and the excavator industry has attracted a large amount of capital. As of September 2020, there are nearly 50,000 excavator-related companies in operation and surviving in my country. From the perspective of regional distribution, there are 15 provinces and cities with more than 1,000 excavator-related companies. Among them, Shandong excavator-related companies are up to 8,308, Zhejiang and Anhui rank second and third.